MDM mitigates the risk of sensitive information getting into the wrong hands by preventing unauthorised access to corporate information.
MDM saves the time and cost of IT staff by ensuring mobile devices are compliant with corporate mobile policy and managed through a single console.
MDM improves user productivity by decreasing activation and setup time to connect to corporate systems such as email.
The main elements that MDM address include:
- Remote device activation and de-activation (wiping)
- Usage and security policy setting, enforcing compliance and overall management of devices.
- Device and over-the-air encryption
- Authentication into corporate infrastructure
- Network access control
- Application delivery and Inventory management (who has what device)
imei supports a broad array of MDM solutions, including:
- Good Technology
- MaaS 360
- McAfee EMM
- iPass Enterprise Mobile Server
- BlackBerry Enterprise Server